Benefits of investing in Fixed Income securities
- 1. A steady return or income from the cashflow received of coupon payment in the specific period throughout the life of bond
- 2. Can be tradable in secondary market depend on the bond liquidity in the secondary market
- 3. Fixed Income securities can be the vital role in managing total portfolio risk for a balanced portfolio and diversify risk
Fixed Income Info
- Fixed Income Security is a type of debt instrument that provides returns in form of regular, or fixed interest payments and repayments of the principal when the security reaches maturity.
- 1. Government debt securities are debt instruments issued by government such as the Bank of Thailand or the Ministry of Finance. There are short-term debt instruments such as Treasury bills, Bank of Thailand bonds and long-term debt such as government bonds, Savings Bonds.
- 2. Corporate debt securities are debt instruments issued by the corporation and sold to investors.